Sunday 6 October 2013

Unreliable Monologue

Extract from Dancing in my Nuddy Pants

Once more I am beyond the Valley of the Confused and treading lightly in the Uniervse of the Huge Red Bottom. What is the matter with me? I love the Sex God and he is my only one and only, but try telling that to my lips. Dave the Laugh only has to say, “You owe me a snog,” and then they start puckering up. Well, they can go out on their own in future.

4:30p.m.
I wonder why the Sex God hasn’t phoned me? The Stiff Dylan’s got back yesterday from their recording shenanigan. Maybe he got van lag from travelling to London? Or maybe he has spoken to Tom and Tom just happened to say, “Oh Robbie, we all went to a fish party last night and when we were playing Truth, Dare, Kiss or Promise your new girlfriend Georgia accidently snogged Dave the Laugh.  You should have been there; it was a brilliant display of red-bottomosity. You would have loved it!”

Oh God. Oh Goddy God God. I am a red-bottomed minx.

4:35p.m.
On the other foot, no one saw me accidently snog Dave the Laugh, so maybe it can be a secret that I will never tell. Even in my grave.

4:45pm.
But what if Jas has accidently thought about something else besides her fringe and put two and tweo together vis-a-vis Dave the Laugh, and blabbed to her so-called boyfriend Tom. She is, after all, Radio Jas.





Once more, I am stranded in the devil’s lair, also known as the headmistress’s office. I don’t know how I end up here at least three times a week, when I don’t actually do anything wrong. It takes two to start a fight, right?? Wrong. In this case, it took one, Jade Ford the little slapper from my Drama class. So here I am, sat once again, in the piss-stained chairs plotting her death for probably the 7th time this month and contemplating how the hell I’m going to get out of trouble this time.

4:30p.m.
Where is the teacher? I’ve been sat here for half an hour and I’m getting more and more nervous as the time goes by. I shouldn’t be nervous though, because as I said before, it’s not my fault. It’s NEVER my fault. Why it is my fault that Jade can’t seem to balance on the stage? Why is it my fault that she can’t take full care of her props? Why is it MY fault that her costume fell apart during the performance? It’s not. If she wasn’t as much of an idiot and wasn’t as clumsy, nothing like this would happen to her, has NOTHING to do with me.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G and I am confident that I am in the right.

4:35p.m.
Where the hell is this woman? Does she think I have all day to wait around? Maybe she didn’t have a life at school, but I do. There are probably about a million of my friends waiting outside this very door to find out what evil, backwards, torturing punishment she’s given me...

4:40p.m.
This is ridiculous. If she’s not here within the next 5 minutes I am leaving. She can’t expect me to wait here all day, I have people to see, pranks to plan, which may or may not involve Jade... Right, I know what you’re thinking. I’m obviously the genius criminal mastermind behind all of this? No. Just because I happened to be stood behind her during the performance when she fell off the stage (and my arms have a tendency to swing forwards when I act) doesn’t mean that I pushed her. Just because, some of her props ended up in my bag during the performance doesn’t mean I stole them. I was framed. It could have happened to anyone. FINALLY, just because I was the only one to be seen with a sewing kit when her costume fell to pieces, doesn’t mean I had anything to do with her unravelling dress. I SWEAR TO YOU - IT WASN’T ME.

4:45p.m.

I hear voices. Crap, I think she’s outside. Act calm, keep cool. Not that I have anything to worry about, because it wasn’t me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment